Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Getting things off my chest

A couple of things lately:

I am the middle class. I was born into and raised in a middle class family. I was taught to believe that you offer an honest day's work for an honest day's pay. When there is no work, you keep looking until you find it.
As a result of my upbringing, I have a strong work ethic, I AM the 99%. I understand the feeling of powerlessness the OWS folks feel. We've been lied to, cheated, sold a bill of goods and the other side can't understand why there's a revolution afoot?  P - L - E - A - S - E ..
You talk about Carnegie and people of his caliber .. arriving in this country with a nickel in his pocket and subsequently turning that nickel into a staggering fortune only to give it away to the people. Imagine our country without Carnegie Hall and all the libraries his money built. I understand he died a pauper. In my book he died a very rich man indeed.

No comments:

Post a Comment