I've paid close attention to the news this week and am fed up with most of what I've seen and heard. The Republican presidential "stable" is clearly at the political stage where they're throwing each under the bus. It's every man (or Bachmann) for him or herself. I remember watching the first debate and thinking uh huh wake me when it's over .. each of them was milk toasty and after having seen this kind of entertainment during many presidential election cycles, I knew it was just a matter of time before they'd begin to show their true selves and the "liberal" media wouldn't skip a beat in reporting the gaffs, flip-flops and out-and-out lies spewed by each of them. Yep .. it happened and continues.
What's with the conservatives anyway? If you listen to Rush or Hannity or any of those two-voiced voices (seriously, do you believe they believe what they say?), they're all sponsored by Fox News, the God of the conservative media, which is in direct opposition to the liberal media. If you listen closely to both, use your common sense and any political savvy you may have acquired over your years in these United States, chances are most of you are somewhere down the middle in your political views. I know I am. Years ago, I was fairly left of center. The older I get, however, and the more of life I live, the more people I know, the more moderate I become. The capper this week was when I heard Cain say of the Koch Brothers, "we're brothers with a different mother" or some such hokey baloney. Cain is a greedy black man who grew up during the beginning of EEOC in the 60's when blacks were getting the hand-up while white men and women were getting the hand in the face. Oprah has said it herself that she'd never have been what she is had it not been for the time in which she came of age. The culture was ready for her and she was ready for us. If Cain is so self-focused that he can't see the truth and his supporters are so enamored with him and his brand, then God help them. In my view the best candidate is Huntsman .. though I know the conservatives think he's boring and one of Obama's henchmen. Too bad.. he's the smartest of the bunch and would make a fair president..... in my opinion. I'll still vote for Obama .. I think he deserves another term to get his agenda done. I just wish he'd grow a pair and take a page from the old Democratic Party and ACT like a Democrat.
Reminds me of something I read years ago: Democrats and Republicans both believe in climbing the ladder of success. A Democrat will get to the top and reach his or her hand down to help the next guy up. A Republican, however, will reach the top and kick the ladder away so no one else can climb. The divide is getting wider unfortunately. Something's gotta give.
No comments:
Post a Comment